Sunday, May 03, 2009

Tomorrow (May 4) I fly to Washington DC for the National Day of Prayer and the many meetings that surround that day. I've done this for many years. But I have a strong sense that this years' NDOP may well be one of the most important in our nations' history. It surprises no one for me to say that the United States is in a crisis. Though the economic, terrorism, and health crises are very real, the most significant crisis is that of faith.

What is desperately needed in the United States is a new Awakening in the Church to the Lordship of Jesus Christ! We get mad over government spending, greedy bankers, and inept corporate leaders, but the only force on earth that can change their hearts is the Holy Spirit. It is time for the Church to rise up in prayer and worship that touches the heart of God and brings mercy to the land. "In repentance and rest is your salvation; in quietness and trust is your strength".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home